Diamond’s are a Jeweler’s Best Friend (Tour)
For jewelry entrepreneurs new to the secretive diamond industry, its labyrinth-like complexity can seem intimidating. This fascinating and enlightening tour will introduce students to diamond cutting facilities as well as diamond dealers and appraisers. With the popularity of old mine cut and old European cut diamonds, we’ve added a visit to an antique diamond dealer who sells these magnificent gems.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THIS EVENT:
- See how rough diamonds are cut to reflect their true brilliance
- Meet the diamond dealers and learn how diamond are sorted and sold
- Learn how appraisers evaluate jewelry and about the equipment they use.
- Meet an antique diamond dealer to see old mine and old European cuts.
- Visit the Diamond Dealers Club see where diamond dealers buy and sell diamonds
About the Tour Guide: Raymond Hakimi, an award winning jewelry designer at Jewel of Ocean, who grew up in an industry business, is also a bench jeweler, metalsmith, dealer, importer, appraiser, jewelry industry historian, and educator.