Gemstone Industry Tour
New jewelry designers, navigating your way around the industry can be time consuming and intimidating. This tour unlocks the secrets to the gemstone industry. Students will be introduced to the world gemstone dealers, lapidaries and appraisers.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THIS EVENT:
- See how colored stones are cut to reflect their true brilliance.
- Meet the colored stone dealers and learn how colored stones are sorted and sold.
- Learn about different colored stones industry organizations and events.
- Find and sources unique and hard to find gemstones.
- Understanding the meaning of color when buying gemstones.
About the Tour Guide: Raymond Hakimi, an award winning jewelry designer at Jewel of Ocean, who grew up in an industry business, is also a bench jeweler, metalsmith, dealer, importer, appraiser, jewelry industry historian, and educator.