Technical Drawing For Jewelry Design Workshop (1) Session
New to NYJDI is a 1-day Technical Drawing with Illustrator Workshop taught be Martinu Schneegass
This course will teach how to create a 2-D technical drawing using Adobe Illustrator to provide either a bench jewelry or manufacturer with the all the necessary information and specifics to produce the jewelry piece. A good analogy of a technical drawing would be that it is similar to a blueprint that an architect draws up to provide to the construction company. The more information provided on a technical drawing, the more likely the jewelry piece can be fabricated as the designer intended.
In this class you will learn:
- Demonstrate the (4) ring views & the elliptical view with center & side stones.
- Show the details of settings and findings as it relates to your designs.
- Detail the facets of diamonds & gemstones in orthograpic views.
- Create your own custom A3 or A4 blueprint with specification of sourced material.
- Drawings will be drawn to scale with all dimensions in millimeters.
October 11, 2017 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
About the Instructor: Martinu Schneegass grew up in Germany, Masters in Architecture in Darmstadt, Germany, then second Masters in Fine Arts at the Ecole des Beaux Arts, Paris, participating in art shows in 6 countries, moved to USA in 1980, working in Exhibit Design, Advertising, created his own fashion accessory line of ties, scarves, vests and jackets under the name BoTé New York, with showrooms in 5 US cities.