Evolution of Jewelry (8) Session
In this course, we will explore many complex relationships and how they were interpreted by jewelry designers.
Every decade has a unique spirit: political crisis, nature, ideology, instinct, cinema. There is a common thread among these…each is an impetus in design. Each has inspired art, artists…and jewelry. To be a great designer requires a keen awareness and understanding of not only where inspiration can be drawn, but of history.
Each decade has a spirit—complicated interrelationships affecting the social, political, cultural, and economic status of those living within it. Artists reflect their surroundings, and the jewelry produced echoes historical milestones, oppression, rebellion, and festivity. The psychology of the day is carried in its contemporary design, as we celebrate jewelry that was treasured throughout each decade.
- Evaluate historical social and political influences, recognizing their aesthetic impact
- Explore how the cross-section of advertising, pop culture, and manufacturing affected design
- Distinguish jewelry from other disciplines in decorative arts
- Strategically position your brand by assessing design inspiration
- Interpret trends, incorporating them into brand recognition
Whether you are an enthusiast, or a designer looking to launch your own line, this course is for you. All you need to bring is a love of jewelry and curiosity!